6.12.2012

Entry 2: Year 3034: Location Unknown




I saw beside my tent bag that there is a small silver disc. It must be a companion bot that was standard issue with all escape pods. It is designed to aid someone in basic survival skills, should they be untrained. I run my fingers across the surface gently, hoping to initiate its sequence.




It hums to life easily and greets me in a cheerful British accent.


"Good evening Dr. Eden. How can I be of assistance to you?"

"Good evening, do you have a name. This would be far easier if you had a name that I could call you?"


"But of course Doctor. My name is SRS-1032, however, you can call me SR for short. It is lovely to make your acquaintance."

I laugh at his witty programming, "Well SR, we have a dilemma. It appears that I am the last human in the galaxy. I must do everything I can to survive here. Earth was essentially destroyed."


"Oh my! Dr. Eden, that is terrible! I can only hope to help you along your way, after all, that is what I am programmed for. Is there any questions you have for me right now?"

"No, SR, but thank you. You handle everything so lightly. As it turns out, I am very tired. I should be getting some rest now."


"Goodnight Dr. Eden."

"Goodnight SR."


It appears that this planet is friendly to the anatomy of humans. I found it easy to breathe this air. This could also be from my lack of real air while in space for 11 years. Either way, I will need to make camp soon if I am to get any rest. I will begin exploring in the morning. For now I hope that no creatures roam this planet at night. There were no signs of life when we found this planet, I hope this is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment