6.29.2012

Entry 14: Year 3034: Menoetius



I awoke the next morning to Adam shaking me. He appeared to be quietly shouting something at me. 

“Noomi! Wake up! Wake up, the Eyelans-“





His sentence was cut short by a loud noise in the main room. I scampered out of the bed and crawled under the bed against the wall. 

“Adam! Go invisible! Now!”

“Noomi, I won’t leave you. I promise.”



I shushed him and we sat motionless. My breathing was shallow and every second of silence was agony. Adam was curled up against the foot of the bed that I was under. He put his hand down over mine in an effort to comfort me. 


We could hear them rummaging through the lab which was only down the hall from the sleep room. Their grunts and unfamiliar language was rough and aggressive. Adam’s grip on my hand tightened when we heard them start to walk toward the sleep room.




They opened the door and were a little less than short from ripping it off its hinges. They stomped into the room and were seemingly unimpressed by the size of it. One of the Eyelans walked in between the bed on the other side of the room and the bed in the middle of the room. He bent down on the floor to look under the bed. 



I held my breath as he turned to look toward me. I knew instantly that he saw me, and I knew instantly that I was probably going to die. 


The Eyelan came over to where I was hiding and crouched down. My breathing quickened as he reached to grab my arm.


“No. No no no. No, please.”


I pulled my arm away from him and pushed myself into the wall. I felt the brush of Adam’s hand leave from my hand and I couldn’t be sure he was still under the bed. The Eyelan reached back over to me and grabbed my arm again.


“NO. NO. YOU HAVE TO LET ME GO! ADAM! ADAM HELP ME! LET ME GO! PLEASE!”




He pulled me out from under the bed and threw me over his shoulder. I screamed for Adam so many times that my voice started to become hoarse. The larger of the two Eyelans grunted something and the one carrying me walked out of the room.



“Adam please… you promised. Adam… please don’t leave me…”


He never came out of stealth, and they carried me out into the main room. Overcome with grief, I closed my eyes and slumped down against the alien. I silently begged anyone who was listening to spare me the pain of death and to just kill me now. 




They carried me up the stairs to the surface of Menoetius. When we reached the top of the stairs, the other Eyelan reached his hand up and touched my forehead, and that was the last thing I remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment